Sunday, April 12, 2009

Count Down to Earth Day


For the past five or so years I have made it a practice to begin counting down to earth day starting April first by making a point every day of reading something, visiting some place, attending a lecture, watching a movie , etc. that celebrates nature. It just occured to me that it might make sense to share a quote, talk about a local activity, lecture, movie, etc. each day leading up to Earth Day.

Today's quote:

"I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately, to front only the essential facts of life, and see if I could not learn what it had to teach, and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived."
- -- Henry David Thoreau quoted in "Promises Ahead: A Vision of Hope and Action For Humanity's Future by Duane Elgin

No comments: